Respiratory illnesses are common this time of year. We would like to share some friendly reminders in how you can manage and prevent illness.
- The single most important thing you can do to prevent getting ill and spreading illness to others is to WASH YOUR HANDS!
- Parents should consider having their families vaccinated against the flu.
- Stay home when ill to avoid spreading germs and illnesses to others.
- Practice coughing/sneezing etiquette to help stop the spread of germs:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Put your used tissue in a waste basket.
- If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands
- Remember to wash your hands after coughing or sneezing
We appreciate your role in preventing the spread of illnesses to others. Please contact the school nurse if you have any concerns regarding your child’s health or your child is diagnosed with the Flu as we need to keep track of these cases.